CREGG Consulting is currently actively looking for an experienced .NET Developer to be a pivotal part of an intense migration project for a global machine vision, automation and software solutions company in Cork.
The Software Engineer requires a strong technical background and aptitude, and an ability to produce high-quality reliable code which can be deployed efficiently to our customers.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating the problem definition, analysing requirements and proposed solutions
- Document solutions by developing functional and software design specifications, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts
- Provide accurate estimates and timing
- Develop and write well-designed and testable code to specification
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Liaise with engineering team to ensure full integration with customer systems
- Maintain and improve existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Liaise with colleagues to implement technical designs
- Investigate and use new technologies where relevant by continually updating technical knowledge and skills, attending in-house and external courses and accessing new applications
- Work on new product development
- Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to a high quality
- Candidates will preferably have previous experience with industrial automation systems and industrial vision systems
- The successful candidate will be involved in the design and delivery of all aspects of the company’s industrial vision and automation solutions
- Relevant third level qualification(s) such as BSc in Computer Science, BE in Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 2 – 3 years relevant experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with test-driven development
- Strong understanding of software development, quality assurance, and product delivery concepts
- Excellent knowledge of C#, .Net Framework along with exposure to .Net Core
- Experience using Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps
- MS SQL Server and T-SQL
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines including in house Engineering, Operations,
- Quality, and Product Development, partners and contractors, as well as customer IT, Validation and Operations groups
- An interest in emerging software technologies for building Web UI applications
- Linux experience from any perspective
- An interest in or experience with PLCs, automated systems, embedded systems, robotics, etc.
- An interest in machine vision preferably Cognex based
- An interest in instrumentation, electronics, electrical or mechanical engineering
- An understanding of the application of software to manufacturing applications such as those involving machine vision, RFID, labeling
For further information please contact Gemma Prendergast on 086 4180675.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.