Website Boston Scientific
Location: Cork, C, IE, 0
Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
To engineer and implement highly capable & effective processes to meet business goals and objectives.
- To identify and order the key activities utilized in quality, service & cost improvements in the Materials Management Cycle to meet key business objectives.
- Support Test Method Validation as it relates to Inspection Equipment, provide technical support relating to Test & Measurement Equipment
- Support calibration systems and processes as it relates to Inspection Equipment
- To apply a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering to achieve the key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Proactively work with Supplier Quality and Supplier Engineering to establish best practices in relation to incoming inspection
- Develop a strong equipment knowledge base in qualification and management of key inspection instrumentation and associated metrology.
- Support the Process Development team to ensure inspection instrumentation is in place to facilitate development activities.
- Identification of Value Improvement Opportunities and management of associated change management processes within Materials Management.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment, raw material related product and process issues in the area of Materials Management.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Leading technical improvement under the team’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process with respect to new products.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance where applicable for the Process Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers I’s on the team.Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.Responsible for other projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and handover as appropriate. Observance of the site Equipment and Automated Systems (E&AS) procedures for new equipment.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of variables that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around same.
- Cross functional liaison with support functions in pursuit support for achieving the business targets.
- Adherence to, and enforcement of all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) requirements on site.
- Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers.
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- Strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competency for this role.
- Ideally experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Project Management
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 438910
Job Segment: Medical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Engineering
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.