Website BCS Recruitment
Our Client’s Building Services team’s mission is to play a key role in making buildings more energy efficient, sustainable and cost effective to operate – and we pride ourselves on our exemplary track record of designing innovative and sustainable mechanical and electrical solutions, that minimise the use of natural resources. The Building Services team are a source of world leading expertise – and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join our team our Dublin office, to work on the design of some of the most exciting construction projects in Ireland, across of the UK, and overseas.
As part of our established team of expert engineers, and working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, you will prepare both scheme and detailed engineering designs. You will work across a variety of sectors such as Critical Systems, Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Retail and Industrial. You will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, and will be supported towards Chartership.
Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering (MEng or BEng), and having gained experience in a Mechanical Engineering role within a building services context (Ventilation, cooling and air conditioning, heating systems etc), you are already well versed in relevant design software including CYMAP and/or Hevacomp. You have proven ability in producing low energy, creative design solutions, preparing specifications and project reports, carrying out site inspections and surveys, and detail design development and crucially – you have a passion for creative and intuitive design.
Given the collaborative and client focussed nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate software
- Supervise the production of technical drawings and check output
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in (internal and external) project meetings
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against Client’s specification, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary
- Co-ordinate input from other disciplines and specialisms as required
- Where appropriate, represent Client as lead engineer at client / project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (eg clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
- Comply with project management, Operational (QA), Environmental and Health and Safety procedures
- Proactively manage own continuing professional development (including, where appropriate, actively pursuing Chartership with an appropriate professional institution).
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Working primarily under the supervision of more senior engineers. Work will be checked andverified by more experienced staff.
- Responsibility for those aspects of project management and/or design work specifically delegated to the postholder.
- May lead key elements of specific projects on a day-to-day basis, under the guidance and supervision of a more experienced team member.
- Informal mentoring of less experienced team members as required.
- Pro-actively managing own professional development within the framework provided by accredited training agreements.
To apply for this job please visit bcsrecruitment.ie.