R&D Process Development Technician
Mat Leave 9-12 month FTC
The successful candidate will be responsible for non-routine technical assignments of substantial variety and complexity such as the design, assembly and operation of equipment.
- Support product testing and characterisation of products
Provide R&D Laboratory testing support i.e. conduct physical testing of materials and product.
- Prepares test specimens, adjust and operate equipment and record test data
- Ability to analyse data e.g. data trends, deviations or observational errors. Minitab proficiency an advantage.
- Set up and operate wide variety of test equipment
- Manage lab equipment, instrumentation and materials as well as test work planning
- Create and execute product evaluation test method validations
- Support Engineers with data capture and analysis
- Writes Technical protocols & reports.
- Investigates and analyses product/equipment problems utilising a methodological approach
- Support designs of tooling, test fixtures and assembly equipment based on product knowledge
- Share technical advice for complex problems relating to equipment, fixtures and processes.
- Ability to execute preventative maintenance on
- Laboratory equipment.
- Ability to maintain laboratory materials and equipment supplies.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- May supervise other technicians and equipment.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Minimum Diploma in Engineering/Science related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Medical Device/Equipment Development Field.
- Knowledge of Medical Device Test Methods for Product
- Qualifications an advantage
- Knowledge of Test Method Validation an advantage
- Experience of Medical Device Process Equipment an advantage.
- Demonstrated aptitude/awareness for process improvement and use of Lean and Six-Sigma tools.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- PC skills including standard offices packages as well as ability to understand and learn customised computer software programmes.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment
- Knowledge of product manufacturing paperwork an advantage
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.