Website BCS Recruitment
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented Electrical Engineer to join our team in Dublin to work on the design of some of the most exciting and high profile critical systems/data centre projects in Ireland and internationally.
As part of our established team of expert engineers, and working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, you will prepare both scheme and detailed engineering designs for the power systems for major data centre and other critical systems projects.
The role will suit someone who is already, or wishes to specialise in and be a leader in medium voltage and high current low voltage distribution systems. If you are not already a Chartered engineer then you will be supported towards Chartership.
Educated to degree level in Electrical Engineering or a Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng equivalent), you have gained substantial experience in an Electrical Engineering role within the power systems field preferably in a data centre/critical systems context (electrical distribution and power generation systems etc.).
You have proven experience of detailed co-ordination with other design disciplines, and are well-versed in theory behind and use of relevant design software including Amtech, ETAPS or SKM power systems analysis software.
You have proven ability in producing schematic diagrams, fault and discrimination studies, preparing specifications and project reports, carrying out site inspections and surveys, and detail design development, and crucially – you have a passion for accurate design of power systems.
Given the collaborative and client focussed nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage engineering designs in line with client brief and/or other project requirements
- Review and provide feedback on designs produced by more junior staff
- Monitor resourcing requirements for projects and provide feedback to Associates / Partners
- Under the guidance of a more experienced manager, contribute to the day-to-day management and control of projects (including commercial and financial management, project management, and compliance with QA, environmental and health and safety procedures)
- Provide training and coaching to more junior staff, including acting as a mentor to support those pursuing membership of professional institutions
- Attend internal and/or external marketing and business development events as appropriate
- Contribute to the preparation of submissions and fee bids
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Contribute to Practice-wide technical initiatives (such as the development of technical standards, software development, knowledge sharing etc.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Lead role in relation to the technical delivery of projects, and provision of technical supervision,guidance and coaching to less experienced staff.
- Checking and/or verifying the work of less experienced staff, in accordance with Operational Procedures.
- Recognised point of contact for clients on projects, acting as second-in-command to the PM.
- Under the guidance of a more experienced manager, significant contribution to the financialmanagement of projects, including the provision of information for “month-end completions”,invoicing and debt management activities.
- Some contribution to people management activities including recruitment and selection and performance appraisal. May have line management responsibility for a small number of staff.
To apply for this job please visit bcsrecruitment.ie.