Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
PE Global is currently recruiting for Instrumentation and Controls Engineer on behalf of our client based in Carlow. This is an initial 12 month contract role.
- The Engineer will take ownership for the site Instrumentation & Control systems (such as, but not limited to Instrumentation, QBMS/NQBMS, Delta-V, SCADA, APC, DCS, PLCs, Calibration, Energy, etc.).
- Provide leadership, cross functional support and technical expertise to IUFT, maintenance and manage their operation through design, construction, validation, start-up and commercial manufacturing.
- The Instrumentation & Control Engineer will collaborate across functions, supporting, coaching and facilitating project sub-teams.
- Responsible for delivery of schedule milestones throughout project duration.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally to develop and deliver on all aspects of the project through URS, FAT, SAT, IC, OC, IQ, OQ, PPQ and commercialization to meet schedule milestones
- Driving operational and technical excellence to deliver all components of a stable support utility (I&C) equipment portfolio supporting PPQ, facility start-up and commercial supply, supported by a flexible, collaborative, multi-skilled teamwork environment.
- Assist with the design and operationalisation of a successful IUFT that delivers right-first-time Instrumentation & Controls equipment to achieve production requirements.
- PLC Programming of Siemens S7 300 / 1200 / 1500, Win CC including Profibus and Profinet communications.
- Setting up Drives including Mitsubishi, Siemens and Control Techniques
Designing, Setting up and maintaining Instrumentation.
- Drive effective writing/revising/ rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various IUFT systems; ensure all work is subsequently carried out in line with same.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by deploying MSD Six Sigma tools and support implementation of Model Area within operations from the start.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualification or equivalent (Science, Engineering, Technical).
- 3 + years of related work experience in a GMP manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Expertise of Instrumentation and control devices including PLC control
- Expertise in Calibration systems/Programs (Procal)
- Experience of Utility Systems and Energy Management systems an advantage (ISO 50,001)
- Experience with GMP cleanroom facility and utilities commissioning, qualification and startup an advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- SME in Instrumentation & Controls Engineer lifecycle (design, through to sustaining operations; including ARM – asset reliability maintenance).
- SME in Instrumentation & Control systems (Instrumentation, QBMS/NQBMS, Delta-V, SCADA, APC, DCS, PLCs, Calibration, Energy, etc.).
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285