A multinational organization specializing in manufacturing and distribution of bespoke solutions for various industries is looking to recruit a Shift Manager to join their team in Cork.
This role would suit a manufacturing professional with strong experience in people management and production management within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
This job is a 5 day working week on a 2 cycle rotating shift pattern.
· Manage the production on a shift basis, including: staff (supervisors and staff), general production, quality of product, health & safety, equipment and performance.
· You would be responsible for the management of the shift, ensuring the production plan and metrics are achieved.
· Champion and foster a health and safety culture on site.
· Drive individual employee performance on a daily basis and provide regular feedback to all employees on all aspects of their performance.
· Manage equipment performance and checking to ensure plans are achieved.
· Ensuring the Area is managed in a controlled fashion that meets quality and all other standards.
· Ensure all necessary documentation is completed for traceability purposes.
· Completion of shift handover to incoming Manager.
· A degree of diploma level qualification
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience manufacturing environment including 3 years managing production staff.
· Previous experience in a fast-paced and regulated environment at Shift Manager, Supervisor or Team Leader level is required.
· Flexibility to work rotating 2 cycle shift pattern.
· Proactive problem solver, with proven ability to manage integration projects and motivate employees.
· Experience in a unionised environment is advantageous
If this job is of interest to you, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV or call Varun Obhan on +353214221000 for a confidential chat.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285