Job Title: Mortgage Associate
Reporting to: Retail Hub Manager
Contract Status: 12 month FTC
Department: Retail Banking – Distribution
KBC Bank Ireland plc (‘KBC’) is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The Mortgage Associate – “Mortgage Specialist” will provide a high quality customer centric service to customers delivering outstanding sales performance and customer loyalty. They will also be responsible for developing a plan for the growth and development of Mortgages to ensure that targets are achieved. The Mortgage Associate will work together with Product and Marketing colleagues to shape best practices and engage collaboratively. Due to the location, KBC Bank operates the hours of Blanchardstown Centre. Evening and Weekend hours.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently provide a comprehensive and professional sales and advisory service to our customers via the great conversation model
- Be an advocate for digital and educate our customers to avail of self-service;
- Product Champion for Mortgages;
- Be the hub mortgage expert
- Be available to visit customers offsite and outside of normal business hours where required
- Run & lead mortgage clinics with colleagues
- Attend and contribute to newly formed KBCI Mortgage Academy
- Own and become expert at managing the Hub Pipeline
- Represent the hub on calls, conferences and pipeline management sessions
- Develop robust Hub Action Plan in conjunction with Hub Manager incorporating breakdown of targets, review of daily/weekly actions, communication plan to all employees, review and update plan on a monthly basis;
- Represent KBCI & Hub:
- Develop local market awareness via small businesses /shopping centres / business associations and drive Hub footfall/leads;
- Establish relationships with key local influencers – auctioneers, developers, solicitors
- Partake in Workplace Banking, Pop-ups – business development (local business) “in-hub” customer events.
- Deliver on Mortgage sales and associated targets across the retail product suite
- Identify cross sales opportunities & generate leads through great conversations;
- Convert enquiries into sales opportunities and ensure highest service levels are delivered throughout the process;
- Pro-active and reactive customer engagement via outbound calls on sales leads, sales and service, meet and greet;
- Lead the achievement of the Mortgage and Mortgage related cross sales for the Hub, and operate to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets .
- Ensure work is carried out and completed in a controlled, compliant, timely and accurate manner with emphasis on attention to detail, leading to zero referrals for on-boarding and mortgage applications;
- Understand and deliver on compliance requirements in all situations and ensure procedures and compliance necessities including AML are adhered to in relation to daily tasks;
- Provide full transparency and feedback in relation to task resolution including early escalation of issues in a timely manner, where applicable;
- Deal effectively & compliantly with complaints (first point resolution);
- Support new staff members through a “buddy” system and to demonstrate peer support amongst the team and to pro-actively support and develop the Personal Banking Executive –Mortgage specialist;
- Maintain, champion and share specialist product knowledge and best practices.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
The successful candidate will typically have up to 3 years’ experience within a similar environment.
Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent.
QFA qualified and committed to further continuous development
Essential Skills & Abilities:
Previous financial services sales experience, with a full understanding of the Mortgage process, together with the associated insurances.
Acknowledged and proven Mortgage and cross sales experience
Knowledge of Consumer Finance and Deposits.
Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
Strong Customer centric focus.
Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment.
Be a proactive team player who is motivated by achieving targets.
Excellent attention to detail required.
Please send your up to date CV and salary expectation details to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285