Our client has been producing the very best in artisan foods in Cork for over 30 years through a culture and ethos that focusses on a happy inclusive working environment. This culture has contributed to their outstanding success to date.
They have now retained Brightwater Specialist Recruitment to source a self-motivated, friendly and persuasive Procurement Manager.
The candidate will play a critical role in the success of the company by:
– Devising and implementing fruitful sourcing strategies
– Discovering best-matched suppliers to meet the company requirements and needs including ingredients, storage & packaging materials
– Negotiate with new and existing suppliers to secure advantageous terms and conditions
– Evaluate and enhance existing procurement operations
– Forecast price trends and the impact on future activities
– Introducing policies and procedures for collecting and reporting of key metrics in the areas of quality, quantity, service and cost. Reporting of these metrics to senior management
– Track and meticulously record all goods entering and leaving the factory
– Monitor every aspect of the supply chain and manage any possible obstacles that may impact business needs
– Conduct self-guided research to become familiar with what products are available as well as their costs and benefits
– Attend various conferences, supplier plants, and vendor interviews to stay informed about changes and advancements in the industry
– Develop strong relationship with suppliers
– 4-6 years’ experience in the procurement sector is essential.
– Food manufacturing/operations experience would be advantageous.
– Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
– Natural negotiating and networking skills
– Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
– Ability to analyse large amounts of numerical data/documentation
– Knowledge of relevant national and EU procurement legislation
– Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications desirable
Interested candidates who feel they have the necessary qualifications and experience to meet the requirement of this career development opportunity should forward a copy of their current CV to Andrew Rowley at Brightwater Specialist Recruitment via the link below.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285