Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant/Planner
We are an award-winning international engineering firm. Our highly skilled engineers take a complex problem and use critical thinking to navigate a path past any obstacles. With a team comprising specialists across eight different sectors, we have the expertise necessary to contend with challenging assignments. We are seasoned in tackling the unique complications presented by each project and we collaborate to design ingenious solutions at the frontline of industry best practice.
- Degree in Environmental Science and/or near Chartered Environmental status
- Coordinating medium to large scale environmental assessments, baseline reviews and impact analysis.
- Strong planning/statuary compliance capability
- Experienced in the provision of assessment and advisory services for a wide range of projects, plans and programmes
- Developing and implementing environmental management systems and compensation plans with an aim to continually mitigate the impact of the development on the environment;
- Monitoring implementation of environmental mitigation and compensation strategies during and after development;
- Participating in engagement and consultation activities with key stakeholders, clients and regulators;
- Providing expertise in environmental and engineering surveys;
- Has a strong understanding of environmental issues and constraints, and;
- Experienced & confident with report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactively managing projects or components of projects and ensuring they meet budgetary, quality, safety and timeframe targets;
- Working directly with clients and regulators both locally and regionally to develop relationships, promote the company capabilities and grow the business,
- Collaborating with Senior Managers on business development with new and existing clients in order to procure new work locally and regionally;
- Represent and promote ByrneLooby in a professional manner and promote the business as a leader in environmental services in Ireland, UK and the Middle East;
- Working with other local and regional based businesses to provide environmental services and support,
- Communicating effectively with clients, colleagues and outside agencies and build effective working relationships and always aiming to exceeding client expectations
- Adheres to all Codes of Practice and Health and Safety Regulations
- Is committed to Continued Professional Development
- Working as member of a project team to deliver quality services to clients
- Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and keeping up to date with regional and international regulation/ legislation;
- Develop and implement phases of the planning process through the various levels of work
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, policy, and legal entities
- Assertively communicate project ideas and solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring processes and results to ensure that they comply with relevant safety, legal, ethical and regulatory requirements;
- Ability to make appropriate judgements and decisions and exercise initiative, and;Undertake tender and proposal preparation, development and review.
- Provide robust project financial management
- Coordinate and support the management multidisciplinary teams working on environmental assessment studies.
- Identify and proactively pursue new business opportunities.
- Work closely with and provide professional advice to clients, building relationships and raising the profile of the ByrneLooby Environmental Division.
- Participate in business and sector planning
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285