Structural Design Engineer
If you are ready for a new challenge we have an opportunity for a Structural Design Engineer to work on temporary works associated with building and civil projects in the Irish residential, commercial, education, leisure and public sectors. ByrneLooby undertakes new build and refurbishment projects that provide a varied and interesting mix of challenges and experience. We encourage all our engineers to use their full range of technical and people skills to maximise learning and results.
You will be joining us at a period of growth as we continue to bring on more projects and we want your career to develop and flourish.
At ByrneLooby we believe it is important that all staff have individual and tailored development and progression plans and we will work with you to understand your core interests, objectives and career ambitions. Together we will map a route to achieve these goals. We are committed to investing significant resources for the development of our people.
- Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications for structural engineering projects in Ireland.
- Experience in temporary works design and construction sequencing.
- An excellent understanding of structural behavior, detailed knowledge of current codes and standards including Eurocodes.
- An understanding of the structural components of a building and other structures.
- Providing technical direction and mentoring to junior design engineers and graduate engineers
- Preparation of technical documentation, contract documents and fee estimates
- Interface with other engineering disciplines including civil and geotechnical.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and senior staff
- Ability to manage a challenging workload.
- A team player with a mature approach including first-class inter-personal skills
- A degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Around 3 – 5 years’ experience in structural design engineering
- Working towards or is a Chartered Member of the Institution of Structural
- Engineers or an appropriate professional body.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285