Support Utilities Engineer
- Responsible for delivery of schedule milestones throughout the project duration.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally to develop and deliver on all aspects of the project through URS, FAT, SAT, IC, OC, IQ, OQ, PPQ and commercialization to meet schedule milestones
- Driving operational and technical excellence to deliver all components of a stable support utility equipment portfolio supporting PPQ, facility start-up and commercial supply, supported by a flexible, collaborative, multi-skilled teamwork environment.
- Assist with design and operationalisation of a successful support utilities team that delivers right-first-time utilities to achieve production requirements.
- Resolve issues and escalate risks in a timely fashion to the relevant on-site stakeholders.
- Comply with the current Manufacturing Division, Quality and EHS Management System requirements, as relevant to the project and commercial operations.
- Ensure that the support utilities team receive appropriate resources and programmes to develop technical and other skills, to complete their jobs whilst stimulating personal growth and development in line with role. Develop and maintain training programmes.
- Drive effective writing/revising/ rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various IPT systems; ensure all work is subsequently carried out in line with same.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools and support implementation of Model Area within operations from the start.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrating energy and enthusiasm, the support utilities engineer, will be a role model for operational excellence, and will contribute to the organisation’s overall capability to thrive and grow.
- Experience with facility commissioning and startup an advantage.
- Demonstrated site operations project experience, from capital project to continuous support to manufacturing operations.
- Proven track-record in delivering results in a world-class supply organisation.
- A strong career history in pharma (ideally working with support utilities) and familiarity with a highly regulated environment.
- Innovative thinker, with excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in a cross functional environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- SME (subject matter expert) in support utility engineering lifecycle (design, through to sustaining operations; including ARM – asset reliability maintenance).
- SME in mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, temperature control, fluid and pneumatic utility systems
- Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
- Report, standards, policy writing skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job related computer applications required
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired
- Lead, promote, participate and supervise the implementation and maintenance of the relevant safety programmes.
- Delivery of safety, performance and quality goals.
- Degree qualification or equivalent (Science, Engineering, Technical).
- Experience in manufacturing utilizing support utilities such as chillers, CTUs and boilers.
- Evidence of continuous professional development is desirable.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285