Graduate Civil Engineer
ByrneLooby is an international engineering consultancy that is expanding its Irish operations to accommodate increasing demand from our solid client base. ByrneLooby is dynamic, we don’t hang around and we don’t like red tape. We are always thinking about better solutions and constantly trying to improve. We love challenges and we are never complacent. We challenge convention and are committed to creativity.
As part of a growing team with a commitment to excellence, you will be provided with the opportunity to work on a wide range of structural and civil engineering projects. We believe in collaboration and sharing experience and knowledge to ensure continued learning and development.
ByrneLooby provides an environment where passionate and dedicated professionals can excel while gaining experience working on a variety of national projects with a diverse client base, promising new challenges and experiences every day. You are encouraged to challenge complacency and strive to make a real difference through quality design.
We are very entrepreneurial and we love our staff to be too. We encourage new ideas. We look after our clients and always maintain a focus on them.
At ByrneLooby, you will experience an environment where your contribution will be highly valued and where you can really make a difference. You will contribute to creating value for our clients by developing expert technical solutions for complex problems on a range of projects including commercial and residential developments and infrastructure schemes. You will be supported and mentored by industry experts while being given the space to demonstrate your own knowledge, creativity and abilities. So we offer opportunities to use your creative thinking skills, to develop creative yet buildable solutions and to see these solutions implemented on a daily basis. We will provide you with opportunities and resources for career development and together we will define your continuous professional development and career progression.
We offer opportunities to work on a variety of projects including both permanent and temporary works for buildings, tunnels, bridges, deep basements, marine structures and other assets. As part of the project team, you will contribute to overall project delivery and will find this position highly rewarding.
- Minimum 2.1 degree or Masters in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience in the field of structural and/ or civil works is desirable but not essential for this position
- Has proven technical knowledge of design in steel and reinforced concrete works and proven ability to use relevant software
- Experienced & confident with report writing and presentation skills
- Can communicate effectively with colleagues and outside agencies and build effective working relationships and always aiming to exceeding client expectations
- Adheres to all Codes of Practice, Design Standards and Health and Safety Regulations
- Represent and promote ByrneLooby in a professional manner
- Is committed to Continued Professional Development and achieving Chartered status
- Working as a member of a project team to deliver quality services to clients
- Working with the team to ensure all designs are in accordance with set standards and all recommendations are robust, value-based and commissionable
- Ensures that design solutions are completed on time and that the design fulfils the brief
- Inspects construction work and checks that all aspects of design are correctly implemented
- Monitors processes and results and check that they comply with relevant safety, legal, ethical and regulatory requirements
- Ability to make appropriate judgments and decisions and exercise initiative
- Assisting at the tender stage of projects
- Technical Excellence
- Personal Effectiveness
- Commitment to the Civil Engineering profession
- Team Working
- Client Focus
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285