My client is globally recognized biologics manufacturing facility in Cork who is now looking to bring on an experienced Energy Management Engineer. The role of the Energy Engineer is to support the site Energy function on behalf of the Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring there is a strong safety culture and performance in the management energy on site. As the Energy Engineer, you will need to have a thorough understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, industry practices and standards.
- Project management and support of energy project and initiatives on site.
- Be proactive in identifying energy improvement initiative and cost savings.
- Establish and support site department energy teams and champions to ensure energy is a core part of people roles and responsibilities.
- Support the energy monitoring & metering project and act as SPOC for future projects with an energy focus
- Ensure site compliance to ISO 50001.
- Set up new Fire and safety equipment on maintenance system and implement maintenance routines to ensure high maintenance levels for new building start-ups.
- Ensure Project Design meets Energy Efficient Design (EED) for New / Upgrades builds to Site, National and Global Building Standards.
- Agree Energy Reduction KPI’s with Site IPT’s and ensure compliance to same.
- Support the site to hit annual energy reduction targets set out by corporate requirements.
- Conduct site energy awareness events.
- Carry out inspections and audits of site energy compliance and compliance to ISO 50001 management system.
- Support and manage the implementation of the site 10-year energy strategy.
- Analyze the requirement, need and feasibility for renewable energy.
- Investigate the opportunity of using new technology to manage and reduce energy consumption on site.
- Use Lean principles across all technical aspects of the process, by deploying Six Sigma tools.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Compliance and delivery on time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree Qualification in Engineering discipline.
- 3+ Yrs. working in a similar Energy Management role.
- Experience with MS Project or Primavera (SAP, MIDAS, TRACKWISE and SharePoint use experience also an advantage).
- High level of knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
- Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285