Assistant Resident Engineer
ByrneLooby is an international engineering consultancy that is expanding its operations to accommodate increasing demand from our solid client base. ByrneLooby is dynamic, we don’t hang around and we don’t like red tape. We are always thinking about better solutions and constantly trying to improve. We love challenges and we are never complacent. We challenge convention and are committed to creativity.
Byrne Looby provides an environment where passionate and dedicated professionals can excel while gaining experience working on a variety of national projects with a diverse client base, promising new challenges and experiences every day. You are encouraged to challenge complacency and strive to make a real difference through quality design.
We are very entrepreneurial and we love our staff to be too. We encourage new ideas. We look after our clients and always maintain a focus on them.
The role is for a position in Co. Cork.
The successful candidate will form part of a team, led by the Senior Resident Engineer and shall undertake to:
be responsible for carrying out of orders and instructions from the Employer’s Representative and Senior Resident Engineer along with other such duties as may be assigned by the Employers Representative;
monitor and report on works being carried out to the Employer’s requirements, ensuring that the quality and workmanship are to the standard required and shall ensure that the Employer’s Representative and Senior Resident Engineer are fully informed of all issues arising on-site;
monitor the Contractor for compliance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and in doing so utilise any associated Client related instructions or processes;
contribute to project team performance by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focusing on project completion timelines;
enhance the company’s reputation by taking a professional and proactive approach to all elements of their work while proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments.
- Hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in engineering;
- Have at least 4 years’ post-graduate experience with at least 2 years’ relevant experience on-site supervising and monitoring civil engineering construction works such as sheet piling, earthworks, reinforced concrete structures, roadworks, drainage etc. (exceptional Candidates with lesser experience will be considered);
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of Public Works Contract Forms;
- Have a good knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations;
- Hold a full valid driving license without endorsements;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills
- Excellent data management/organisation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate willingly takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve the best solution;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations;
- Ability to work in compromising situations and be able to devise new approaches to problems encountered;
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with relevant computer applications (word, excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Be comfortable checking setting out coordinates and monitoring and agreeing to lines and levels with the Contractor.
Having completed any of the following health & safety training with relevant certification would be a considerable advantage (please state those completed in your application):
- Safe Pass
- Manual Handling
- Managing Safety in Construction
- 3 Day Construction Skills Certification Scheme Signing Lighting and Guarding of Roadworks
- 1 Day H&S at Road Works
- Working At Heights – Harness Training
- Confined Space Entry
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285