Environmental Engineer/Ecologist (Flood Risk management)
ByrneLooby is an international engineering consultancy that is expanding its operations to accommodate increasing demand from our solid client base. We are always thinking about better solutions and constantly trying to improve. We love challenges and we are never complacent. We value building strong relationships with our clients and ensure that excellent service delivery, availability and accountability at the core of our offering.
ByrneLooby provides an environment where passionate and dedicated professionals can excel and you will be encouraged to challenge complacency and strive to make a real difference through quality design. We are entrepreneurial and we love our staff to be too. At ByrneLooby, you will experience an environment where your contribution will be highly valued and where you can really make a difference.
What We Offer….
Technical Excellence – In everything we do, forms the first of three pillars on which our differentiated service offering rests. This pillar supports our promise to apply the very highest standards in design, project management and stakeholder collaboration to realise superb project solutions.
Commitment to Clients – ByrneLooby promise and signals our unwavering commitment to assisting our clients to achieve their desired results.
Investing in our people – ByrneLooby promise and demonstrates our intention that everyone has a positive and enriching experience in their tenure.
The successful candidate will be based in the Cork office and will report to the Technical Director. You will be required to work with the existing team to deliver projects successfully for clients and ByrneLooby in the areas including flood risk management, water and wastewater infrastructure and drainage.
This role requires the successful Candidate to be eager and able to contribute and manage where possible the delivery of a number of projects for the ByrneLooby Cork Office. Your soft skills and client management capability must be excellent. You will be required to support business development including preparation of tender submissions.
The Candidate will be assisted by the project team and will be supported by senior management to deliver projects, particular the following appointment.
We offer a flexible working week including flexible start/finish times and offer the ability to purchase additional leave. We also operate a flexible Friday scheme, meaning those with accrued hours may finish early on Fridays. Our remuneration packages include an attractive base salary, travel benefits, accident or illness covers, professional membership funding and a pension scheme.
Our business offers increasingly competitive benefits and remuneration packages for the right individuals that can demonstrate their value.
- Experience of working on public (Irish) infrastructure projects from feasibility through to Construction.
- Track record in delivering projects and organising and managing small teams and sub-consultants.
- General experience of flood defense schemes and/or Irish Water infrastructure projects is highly desirable.
- Considerable proven experience and understanding of the planning and environmental aspects associated with large public infrastructure projects to include:
- Assessment of existing data and desktop assessments
- Identification of required baseline surveys
- Undertaking Constraints Studies
- Assessing Nature 200 impacts and preparing Natura Impact Statements
- Managing the complete Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) production
- Authoring EIARs
- Determining achievable and practical mitigation measures.
- Use of GIS software and data management.
- Project Management skills to include contract administration of sub-consultants such as archaeology, heritage, traffic, air, noise, vibration, landscape etc.
- Knowledge of the Public Works Contracts and FIDIC
- Honours degree qualified in Environmental Science or equivalent field (QII Level 8 minimum, Level 9 preferred).
- 5 years post-graduate experience with at least 3 years in a consultancy environmental delivering environmental/planning services for large infrastructure projects
- Chartered status or equivalent qualification (CIWEM etc.)
- Holders of the post will require a current driver’s licence for Class B vehicles.
- Working as a member of a project team to deliver quality services to Clients.
- Reviewing the works of others and ensuring a quality product is delivered to the client.
- The successful individual must be able to work to tight deadlines within a Quality Management System.
- Management of projects within time, cost and quality constraints and standards.
- Champions and promotes professional advice, guidance and support across the business.
- Monitors and manages compliance and KPI’s.
- Business development including the preparation of tender submissions.
- Estimating, pricing and delivering against work targets.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285