Principal Engineer - Water Division
ByrneLooby is a multi-award winning international firm of designers and project managers. Our teams of highly skilled professionals provide industry-leading solutions for complex construction projects across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. We have expertise across the fields of geotechnical, civil, structural, water, energy and marine engineering and we work collaboratively with our clients, applying this expertise, to achieve optimum outcomes.
We are expanding our Irish water team to accommodate increasing demand from our existing client base and the overall sector. We are seeking a Project Engineer to work in the Dublin office of ByrneLooby Water Services and who will be responsible for inputting to a variety of projects at various stages of development.
This role requires a high calibre engineer. We require a technically excellent Senior Project Engineer who has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. You will be a vital part of the team and will be supporting the Director with the continued growth of ByrneLooby through successful tendering and project delivery. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious engineer to be master of your own success and to reap the rewards of your efforts. You will be “hands-on” from day one, especially from a detailed, technical design perspective. With other business, often larger, you tend to have reduced input in the project management and financials that come with each project.
With ByrneLooby we offer a rare opportunity for talented, driven, hardworking engineers to really be part of the projects we work on. Alongside this, we are passionate about providing our engineers the opportunity to be client-facing. You are the face of our business and at ByrneLooby you will have the opportunity to work as an all-encompassing, 360 engineers within your chosen profession.
- Working as a member of a project team to deliver quality services to clients.
- Experienced & confident with report writing and presentation skills.
- Ensures that design solutions are completed on time and that designs fulfill the project brief.
- Monitors processes and results and check that they comply with relevant safety, legal, ethical and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to make appropriate judgements and decisions and exercise initiative.
- Communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and outside agencies and build effective working relationships, always aiming to exceed client expectations.
- Adheres to all Codes of Practice, Design Standards and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Represent and promote ByrneLooby in a professional manner and develop effective working relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Degree or masters in civil engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in the field of drinking water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, drainage and flood risk management and assessment, ideally in Ireland and/or UK.
- Experience of management systems for quality, financial and project controls.
- Proven experience in the delivery of Water Infrastructure Projects.
- Superior communication skills including international collaboration with other offices, team motivation and leadership and client relationship development.
- The ability to deliver technically excellent client solutions.
- Working towards or having Chartered status or equivalent qualification.
- Is committed to Continued Professional Development.
- Strong basic salary
- Attractive pension benefits
- Death in service cover
- Accident and illness cover
- Training & Educational assistance
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Professional membership funding
- Annual Leave increases in line with service
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285