Senior Civil Engineer | Dublin
Senior Civil Engineer | Dublin (T&D Division)
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As part of our growing multi-disciplined engineering design and construction team, the Senior Civil Engineer will be responsible for the management, coordination and support of all the civil elements from both tender and delivery processes through to completion of works with an emphasis on safety, civil design and quality checking to service the electrical requirements.
Key Functions of the Senior Civil Engineer
The successful Senior Civil Engineer will interface and work with the project team on delivery, engage with the Client’s representatives and processes, co-ordinate with the civil sub-contractor project management team on site from mobilization through to handover and, in conjunction with the QS, the commercial management of the civil-subcontractor.
You will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for engineering excellence in this area. You will deliver projects and client service that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become an engineering, people and commercial leader.
Senior Civil Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Review tender documents and electrical requirements as defined by electrical engineers and put together a civil tender package for potential civil subcontractors
- Review of tender responses from a technical viewpoint in order to assist the commercial department in selecting a preferred civil subcontractor
- Liaise with electrical designers and civil designers to ensure civil designs meet requirements
- Manage and take ownership of interface with Client and Client processes in respect to civil design and works
- Review and quality control of civil design prior to them being issued to the Client
- Manage the Kirby Group input to the Client and / or Utility design review process with respect to civil designs
- Work with both the project PM and QS to prepare sub contract packages
- In conjunction with the project PM, project manage the civil subcontractor
- Liaise with the electrical design team & electrical construction team to ensure correctness of civil installation & of successful handover to electrical construction and to the end Client.
- Work closely with the project PM to ensure that all variations are captured and notified to the project QS in a timely manner
- Liaise with the civil subcontractor as required on variations and associated design / redesign works
- Ensure that the Clients management systems are complied with as set out in the contract documentation
- Management of civil sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage projects and delivery them to quality, safely and on time.
- Manage, assess and develop teams and assigned individuals.
Necessary requirement of the Senior Civil Engineer
- 3rd level qualification in Civil Engineering coupled with 8+ years engineering design/project management experience
- Experience in Civil Engineering design for substation or electrical power installations to the relevant design codes / standards and statutory information to ROI / NI / UK / EU jurisdictions.
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
- An excellent influencer with the ability to partner with a dynamic professional team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the client.
- Experienced and proficient in producing and presenting drawings using AutoCAD.
- Commercial Awareness
- Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Leads and influences others.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
For more information on this Senior Civil Engineer or other Project Engineer opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285