The Senior DevOps Architect role will focus on improving the automation and configuration of eir management and monitoring environment. This is a highly technical role that would suit someone who understands the development and deployment lifecycle and has a passion for improving and optimising it.
- Experience in Red Hat, CentOS and variants with software development skills. Strong customer service and production support experience.
- Understanding of IP-based networking, routing, firewalls, SSH, DNS, DHCP, SSL, NFS, NTP
- Drive DevOps adoption by recommending and implementing toolsets and best practices for automation, configuration and release management.
- Identify industry best practices, solutions and pursue continuous improvement opportunities in software development life cycle – SDLC
- Detail oriented with strong follow and leadership through skills. Candidate must be capable of taking responsibility for a task and managing it through completion. Manages time and shifting priorities effectively and maintains a positive attitude in the face of varying and sometimes conflicting business requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; capable of writing usable technical documentation, documenting and following recurring procedures, training internal customers in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interfacing with other teams.
- Has a proven ability to analyse requirements, estimate work involved , map project dependencies, and be able to communicate with non-specialists in the area
- Strong analytical problem solving skills; understands how other aspects of the IT environment such as firewalls, DNS, network design, storage architecture, and tiered architectures can impact local systems.A solid understanding of system installation and configuration, automated monitoring systems, security hardening, automated management, patch management, installing third-party software, and resolving open source dependency requirements.
- Disciplined planning and management of changes designed to improve the stability, performance, and security of product platform(s). Candidate should be experienced with formal change management procedures, documentation, testing, validation, and rollback plans.
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud platforms, especially AWS and VMware (vCenter and vCloudDirector, vSphere 4 and 5)
- Expertise with SMT and custom patch solutions for Red Hat systems
- Ability to take customer requirements and create scalable configuration models to support them
- Ability to troubleshoot problems from the Application tier, through the OS and Network tiers.
- Proficiency level scripting skills in languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.Self-starter and an innovator
- Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
- Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures
- Proficiency with configuration management of large environments, utilising Puppet, Ansible, PHP, Cloud Foundry, Cloud computing including PaaS, IaaS and SaaS, Python, PHP, LAMP
- ·Strong understanding of Enterprise Architectures, Java and Database solutions with Windows and Linux flavours.
- Expertise with Agile Development.
- Continuous monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix
- Experience of Java, Apache Tomcat, Hadoop, Oracle, MySQL, jboss & weblogic.
- Network & Systems Management tools
- Experienced with networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands networking concepts such as firewall filtering, gateways, and traffic management.
- Jira workflow experience, including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes.
- Expertise in docker containerisation
- Experience with OpenStack technologies
- Log aggregation tools like Splunk, ELK
- ISO/PCI Compliance Management
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285