Software Development Engineer1
Software Development Engineer
As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices.
We’re growing and looking for an energetic and self-motivated person for a mid to senior level Software Engineer position to work in our development office in Dublin, Ireland
We are seeking a hands-on C++/C# software engineer to plan, design, develop and test process control solutions on capital equipment for the semiconductor industry. A primary duty will be implementing algorithms for process control. Ideal candidates love building systems from the ground up, aren’t afraid of breaking things, but at the same time, don’t compromise on the quality of their work.
· Responsible for performing professional software engineering design, development, modification and evaluation in support of the company’s complex semiconductor capital equipment and systems, and their software control systems.
· Provides technical and professional leadership and support to enable process engineering projects emphasizing control algorithm development for new products, especially those involving multivariate analysis of etcher parameters related to wafer results.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Physics/Maths. Masters or PhD is an advantage.
· Between 2-5 years software programming experience, including object-oriented languages.
· Understanding of multi-threading and real-time software domains
· C++, Visual C++, C#, .NET, MFC, STL, COM
· Competent in the use of linked lists, vectors, arrays, maps, and code optimization.
· Experience in socket communications
· Experience in systems architecture design, and in the full software life cycle from requirements through to design, coding, testing and release
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision, working in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to impart information at various technical levels
· Demonstrated technical problem-solving experience
· Candidates must hold a valid work permit to work in Ireland, and be able to travel internationally
Desirable but not essential:
· Semiconductor technology and processing education and/or experience
· Understanding of Matlab/Python programming languages for algorithm prototyping
· Continuous Integration and testing and exposure to Git
· Knowledge of Hadoop
Lam Research Ireland
Bewley’s House, Northern Cross
D17 TN23, Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 877 4800
Recruitment website: https://careers.lamresearch.com/
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285