Software Development Engineer2
Software Development Engineer
As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices. This success is the result of our employees’ diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation.
Join the Lam Research team, where you can write your own success story. Come help us solve our customers’ toughest problems and be part of a company that plays a vital role in the future of electronics.
Lam Research – a company where successful people want to work.
We’re growing and looking for an energetic and self-motivated person for a software developer position to work in our development office in Dublin, Ireland
We are seeking a hands-on software developer for a permanent position to plan, design, develop, test and support data analytic software solutions for the semiconductor industry. A primary duty will be implementing algorithms for process control. Ideal candidates love building systems from the ground up, aren’t afraid of breaking things, but at the same time, don’t compromise on the quality of their work.
· Responsible for performing professional software engineering design, development, modification and evaluation in support of the company’s complex semiconductor capital equipment and systems, and their software control systems.
· Provides technical and professional leadership and support to enable process engineering projects emphasizing control algorithm development for new products, especially those involving multivariate analysis of etcher parameters related to wafer results.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters/PhD is a distinct advantage, especially with a data analytics/machine learning theme.
· Knowledge of Hadoop and Big Data ecosystems, including Solr, Flume, Kafka, Spark, HBase and Hive
· Proficient on both Linux and Windows systems. Excellent Python and scripting languages skills
· Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills for algorithm creation and testing. Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to impart information at various technical levels, and to customers.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision, working in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
· Candidates must hold a valid work permit to work in Ireland and be able to travel internationally.
Desirable but not essential:
· Knowledge of C++, C# and Java and object-oriented development
· Knowledge of automated test environments such as Jenkins
· Experience working with Matlab
· Experience with semiconductor manufacturing software, such as metrology and simulation software
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Working knowledge of Git and other source code repositories
Lam Research Ireland
Bewley’s House, Northern Cross
D17 TN23, Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 877 4800
Recruitment website: https://careers.lamresearch.com/
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285