Location: Dublin & Kildare
We are currently recruiting a number of Civil Engineers (from junior up to senior level) on a full-time permanent basis to work on 110/220 KV Sub Station projects
Overall Role Objective
The Civil Engineer role will include a robust & comprehensive design & specification review. Will work as part of a team from tender stage to successful project handover in accordance with specific project specifications & requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
- Maintain Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental records.
- Daily management of resources.
- Liaise and manage appointed subcontractors.
- Record plant, labour, material & additional works.
- Compile data for any potential delay & compensation event.
- Liaise with all third-party project stake holders.
- Develop project plans, project programmes, create and update schedules / progress reports.
- Co-ordination of work phases, subcontractors and direct teams.
- Potential Implementation of Traffic Management plans, road closures etc.
- Procurement of materials
- Updating / assisting in project cost management including value engineering and ongoing project costs.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site engineering issues to include: the management, the planning, construction, testing and handover of all project systems.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate programme of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness design and amend if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
- An honours degree in Civil engineering.
- Experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
- Strong sense of ownership & responsibility for the assigned projects.
- Experience of live utilities.
- Setting out experience is a preference e.g. Total station, GPS etc.
Benefits: Competitive salary, 21 days annual leave; Employee Pension Option; Employee Assistance Programme; Medical Checks; Compassionate Leave; Bike-to-Work Scheme; Free Parking.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285