Buyer Intermediate 29180A
⦁ JobTitle: Buyer Intermediate 29180A
⦁ About Company: Our client based in Dun Laoghaire is seeking a Buyer Intermediate 29180A to join its expanding team.
⦁ Duration of Role: 12 months
⦁ Summary Objective:
• Ensures all purchases at ADL are executed in line with the Global procurement policy.
• Responsible for ensuring all data entered into Amgen systems is accurate and current to enable accurate reporting and KPI management and appropriate escalation.
⦁ Job Duties:
• Ordering and expediting as required (Purchase requisitions, transactions, order acknowledgment-handling, signalling deviation); Data creation and maintenance (vendor requests and set up, responsible for adhering to standard processes for data management).
• Implementing purchase and inventory strategies for components and execute on component ordering by following up exception messages generated by ERP (SAP/ECC) and planning system Kinaxis RapidResponse
• Material Master & Supplier Data Management (Set up and obsoletion process) NC/CAPA owner
• Communication of critical items to internal and external parties
• Balancing component receipts. Responsible for supply issue / constraints escalations and alerts to senior management
• Apply Operational Excellence tools and support small projects with technical expertise
• Support product launches, assist in setting up contracts, provide planning and other relevant information
• Create analysis and accurate data reporting in support of projects or improvements and provide recommendations
• Develop and maintain operational relationship with vendors
• Participate in Business Reviews and support Supplier Management Processes with supplier
• Collaborate with the site buying team to ensure cost efficient, dependable supply of raw materials including appropriate use of freight options and inventory management.
• Ensure the accuracy and issuance of raw material forecasts and that there is an understanding of all forecasted numbers.
• Manage the site’s relationships with its vendors and when necessary implement corrective actions to ensure dependable supply. Work with Global Sourcing on escalations as required.
• Responsible for value tracking and reporting, capturing cost saving and cost avoidance.
• Responsible for Contract administration & optimization, monitoring vendor performance versus the contractual service levels.
• Participate in global functional networks. This may require participating in conference calls outside standard work hours.
Skills and requirements
Master’s degree and 1 year of directly related experience
or Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of directly related experience
or Associate’s degree and 5 years of directly related experience
5 or more years of experience in supply chain or logistics
3 or more years of procurement experience in a leadership role within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries
Operational Excellence experience or training
Experience with SAP ERP and Kinaxis RapidResponse
Strong communication, teambuilding and negotiating skills
Exceptional stakeholder management skills
Proven understanding of legal agreements
Current CPIM or APICs certification
Knowledge and understanding of GMP regulations and GDP requirements
Benefits of working with Independent Solutions
Benefit from Independent Solutions ethical principles!
We look after our team, we know the business, we have been working in the sector >20 years. We are not a recruitment agency
While placed on client sites you will be an integral part of our team, gaining support and access to the knowledge and experience of our cross functional LifeScience team
We offer attractive rates – competitive margins compared to our competitors.
Payment on time and in full
We continue to partner and grow our client base and thereby ensure that we have continuous supply of High-Value Projects
We work for you !
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285