Location: Dundalk, Co. Louth
We are currently looking for Electricians in the Dundalk Region.
Suir Engineering is a leading provider of electrical and mechanical services, delivering tailored cutting-edge solutions for projects throughout Ireland, the UK, Europe and other locations across the globe.
With over 30 years of experience in fulfilling the needs of clients across a diverse range of sectors, including commercial, medical and health, manufacturing and industrial, science, technology and utilities, we are well equipped to address the engineering problems of modern industry.
Suir engineering works with data centres, power stations, pharmaceutical, renewable energy industry and food and beverage facilities.
The keystone of our business is our people. We strive to develop a business in which individual team members are valued, encouraged to embrace personal responsibility and grow to meet the demands of both our business and that of our customers. We believe that dedicated and invested staff produce better results – every time.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
- Electrical trade qualification and previous relevant work experience is an advantage
- Good attention to detail.
- Well organised.
- Ability to multi task.
- Good time management.
- Safety focused.
- Safe Pass and Manual Handling Training complete and in-date is essential.
- Willingness to travel at home or abroad.
CIF agreed pay rates, 21 days annual leave; Pensions and Health Insurance covered by Construction Workers Pension Scheme (CWPS); Employee Assistance Programme; Compassionate Leave; Bike-to-Work Scheme.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285