The main purpose of this role is to maintain the IT infrastructure (Workstations, Servers, Networking equipment) ensuring its reliability and cost effectiveness while also providing third line IT and telephone support to users and act as an escalation point for the Service Desk.
- Perform on-site and remote technical support for all UK and Ireland businesses. Provide users with appropriate level of support and advice
- Adhere to KPI’s and SLA’s
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Perform daily system monitoring utilising tools made available
- Verify integrity and availability of all hardware
- Direct responsibility of the servers:
- Build, configuration and implementation.
- Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the servers.
- Patch servers with Microsoft WSUS Critical Updates
- Ensure all systems are updated with the latest Ani-Virus definition files
- Administer, Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP
- Direct responsibility of the local network:
- Participating in the definition of the infrastructure design.
- Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the systems.
- Ensure adequate support is accessible to the users of the services.
- Configuration of LAN switches, firewall and proxy servers.
- Coordinate WAN connectivity with vendors.
- Ensure all necessary technical support is provided to all internal users and maintain users’ satisfaction in the specific fields of responsibilities.
- Perform daily backup operations (where applicable)
- Ensure integrity of backup media and media is hosted off-site
- Perform regular test restores and DR testing
- The systems under responsibility are:
- Workstation and laptops.
- Files and backup servers. (Physical and Virtual)
- Switches, firewalls and routers.
- Act as backup for server and storage support, including front line support on general software (MS Office and business systems).
- BSc in Computer Science or Information Technology, ITIL certified, Microsoft certification, Cisco certification, Experience with NetApp and VMWare
- Experience in validation and support of pharmaceutical laboratory instrumentation and systems
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role, supporting a large organisation in a 2nd / 3rd line role
If you’re interested in this or other IT jobs, please contact Jonathan Gardiner on 021 422 1000
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285