Senior Process Development Engineer
A Medtech Company based in Galway is expanding it’s team and is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Development Engineer. The successful candidate will develop manufacturing processes for products through development of innovative manufacturing solutions both in-house and at suppliers and manufacturing partner sites.
- Full responsibility for the process development life cycle from ideation through to commercial validation.
- Responsible for design, research and development and project management of new processes through the stage gated development process to achieve the required capacity, quality, and cost requirements.
- Conduct material selection taking into account the performance and biocompatibility requirements.
- Design and develop methods for verification and validation testing of product requirements with due regard to regulatory compliance and in accordance with quality systems.
- Participate in supplier selection for device manufacture, tooling and components.
- Maintain concise and accurate records of the iterative design process, trial and error and experimental steps to support the design history file and for R&D grant and tax credit submissions.
- Prepare technical documentation in clear and concise terms in accordance with good engineering practice.
- Be prepared to represent such documentation in an audit by customers, revenue or regulatory authority.
- Liaise closely with and communicate effectively to the R&D, manufacturing, operations, quality, sales and marketing functions through the product development lifecycle.
- Perform other assigned tasks as directed by supervisor or head of function.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 7 years’ equivalent experience in a medical process development or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of a primary degree in an engineering or technological discipline
- Technical leadership and/or project management experience
- Knowledge of design verification and process validations, particularly as it pertains to equipment and manufacturing processes
- Excellent understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA design and development processes.
- Excellent planning, project management and coordination skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Methodical and analytical approach.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to all levels of the company.
- Ability to manage risk in striving to meet objectives.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285