Balloon Development Engineer
Are you a talented engineer who is looking to take your career to the next level? Do you have direct experience in supporting balloon development and manufacture of new and existing balloon products?
We are now hiring a balloon development engineer who will be responsible for designing and optimising balloon tubing, development of process parameters to ensure the product meets specification and completing transfer of the new products through the phases of the development cycle to volume production.
Why Join Us?
Merit Medical Galway produces 9 million life saving devices per year. Globally, we impact the lives of an estimated 15000 people per day across 120 countries. Merit Galway has enjoyed a 20% year on year revenue growth and now has 2 facilities with a workforce of 1,000. Merit Medical employs 6000 people worldwide maintaining a diverse, global manufacturing footprint in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia.
At the Galway facilities almost 60% of all roles are filled by internal employees! Nurturing talent from within is a key focus for us as we continue to grow. We are focused on encouraging, believing in and providing a platform for you to progress your career!
A supportive and collaborative environment makes Merit Medical an enjoyable place to work. Diversity & Inclusion is evident here with an 50/50 ratio of male and female employees as well as 30 nationalities onsite! We value every employee as an individual.
Merit Medical Galway are proud winners of the Medtech Company of the Year Award, a prestigious award recognizing those who are exceling in the MedTech industry. We hold a National Irish Safety Organisation Award and the ISO:140001 Environmental Management System Award
Employees at the Galway facilities have raised significant funds for local charities including Pieta House, Breast Cancer Ireland and many more.
- Be responsible for the development of new and existing balloon products from initial concept through to completion as part of a project team.
- Develop a robust production process for the manufacture of new balloons, and optimising processes to maximise balloon performance.
- Document product specifications, manufacturing processes and process parameter settings.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Investigates a moderate number of technical variables in completing assignments that have clear and defined objectives.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Works independently on standard projects while assistance is furnished on unusual problems.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- May supervise the work of engineers/technicians or others who assist in specific assignments and work jointly with other engineers.
- Performs work of some higher technical level for continuing training purposes.
- Works on special projects, writes ECN’s, and creates prototypes under broad direction.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and three years previous related experience
- Experience working with balloon forming technology and balloon testing a distinct advantage.
- Strong mechanical background an advantage with a good working knowledge of polymer materials and technologies and advantage.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
A competitive salary package, Healthcare Cover, Pension, long term disability/income protection, life assurance. Employee Assistance Programme. Relocation Expenses where applicable
Onsite Wellness Programme, Active Sports and Social Club, Excellent career progression opportunities, Educational assistance programme, Internal training courses, Recognition scheme, Quality Subsidised Canteens & Barista Service and Free Parking.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285