Do you have a demonstrated ability to successfully support busy production line’s? Are you a hands-on engineer with an aptitude for technical problem solving? We are now seeking applications from passionate process engineers. Join Merit today and play a key role as we transform. Implement your new ideas and make your mark. Apply Today!
Why Join Us?
Merit Medical Galway produces 9 million life saving devices per year. Globally, we impact the lives of an estimated 15000 people per day across 120 countries. Merit Galway has enjoyed a 20% year on year revenue growth and now has 2 facilities with a workforce of 1,000. Merit Medical employs 6000 people worldwide maintaining a diverse, global manufacturing footprint in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia.
At the Galway facilities almost 60% of all roles are filled by internal employees! Nurturing talent from within is a key focus for us as we continue to grow. We are focused on encouraging, believing in and providing a platform for you to progress your career!
A supportive and collaborative environment makes Merit Medical an enjoyable place to work. Diversity & Inclusion is evident here with an 50/50 ratio of male and female employees as well as 30 nationalities onsite! We value every employee as an individual.
Merit Medical Galway are proud winners of the Medtech Company of the Year Award, a prestigious award recognizing those who are exceling in the MedTech industry. We hold a National Irish Safety Organisation Award and the ISO:140001 Environmental Management System Award
Employees at the Galway facilities have raised significant funds for local charities including Pieta House, Breast Cancer Ireland and many more.
- Continually assess and review day to day manufacturing issues / practises, and strive for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing solutions.
- Engineering process owner for the area and reports progress to management.
- Using lean tools e.g., A3, 8 step methodologies breakdown and resolve problems as they arise.
- Strong problem solver for technical problems in the area.
- Planning, organizing and providing leadership to team members.
- Using AutoCAD, Solid Works or similar design package, create technical specifications as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in an Engineering discipline or equivalent, with at least 5 years, experience in a manufacturing environment.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative, while possessing strong team player characteristics
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques e.g. 5S and TPM. Six Sigma Certification is an advantage.
A competitive salary package, Healthcare Cover, Pension, long term disability/income protection, life assurance. Employee Assistance Programme. Relocation Expenses where applicable
Onsite Wellness Programme, Active Sports and Social Club, Excellent career progression opportunities, Educational assistance programme, Internal training courses, Recognition scheme, Quality Subsidised Canteens & Barista Service and Free Parking.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285