We currently have technician roles available on days evenings and weekends
The successful candidate will utilize their technical skills in the generation and development of medical device products and process technologies.
Why Join Us?
Merit Medical Galway produces 9 million life saving devices per year. Globally, we impact the lives of an estimated 15000 people per day across 120 countries. Merit Galway has enjoyed a 20% year on year revenue growth and now has 2 facilities with a workforce of 1,000. Merit Medical employs 6000 people worldwide maintaining a diverse, global manufacturing footprint in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia.
At the Galway facilities almost 60% of all roles are filled by internal employees! Nurturing talent from within is a key focus for us as we continue to grow. We are focused on encouraging, believing in and providing a platform for you to progress your career!
A supportive and collaborative environment makes Merit Medical an enjoyable place to work. Diversity & Inclusion is evident here with an 50/50 ratio of male and female employees as well as 30 nationalities onsite! We value every employee as an individual.
Merit Medical Galway are proud winners of the Medtech Company of the Year Award, a prestigious award recognizing those who are exceling in the MedTech industry. We hold a National Irish Safety Organisation Award and the ISO:140001 Environmental Management System Award
Employees at the Galway facilities have raised significant funds for local charities including Pieta House, Breast Cancer Ireland and many more.
- Engineering support to assigned production lines ensuring products manufactured conform to quality standards and specifications.
- Operate the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events per procedure.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives.
- Offer technical support to the TPM team in all areas.
- Ability to identify, gain approval and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Ability to compile and report equipment/line metrics for review.
- Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors and engineers as needed.
- Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues.
- Support Installation and validation of process equipment and fixtures.
- Ability to train relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- Seeks technical advice from engineers or supervisor for problems as required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Takes responsibility for personal training and development.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline, or relevant trade qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a team, and fast-paced environment.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- PLC programming experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Experience of automation an advantage.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 8-Step problem solving and 5S.
- Training in Six Sigma or other related disciplines.
- Experience in PLC’s, Electrical schematics, pneumatics, and CE Marking.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works would be an advantage
- Medical device experience would also be an advantage.
A competitive salary package, Healthcare Cover, Pension, long term disability/income protection, life assurance. Employee Assistance Programme. Relocation Expenses where applicable
Onsite Wellness Programme, Active Sports and Social Club, Excellent career progression opportunities, Educational assistance programme, Internal training courses, Recognition scheme, Quality Subsidised Canteens & Barista Service and Free Parking.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285