Mechanical Design Engineer
Your Job Purpose
As a Mechanical Design Engineer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the medical devices sector. This job is based in a state-of-the-art facility in Galway.
You will collaborate and provide design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department and work on the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment and tooling to produce medical devices.
Your Job Responsibilities
As Mechanical Design Engineer your job responsibilities will include:
· Generation of equipment designs which meet manufacturing, safety, CE and performance requirements. Designs include new tooling, fixtures, automated machines and modification/upgrades to same.
· Generation of quotations for equipment solutions and manage deliverables in line with this quotation.
· Provide technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
· May co-ordinate activities of a number of technicians/engineers.
· Working as part of the Equipment Engineering group this person will design new equipment for manufacturing. This person is required to take a lead role in the design of the equipment from concept to deployment.
· Work closely with engineers to understand their equipment requirements.
· Work closely with internal and external machine build in order to ensure that the equipment is built according to specifications and is properly handed over to manufacturing.
· Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
· Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet requirements.
· Ensure equipment meets CE marking standards.
· As part of the design team, this person is expected to work closely with both internal and external specialists to complete equipment related projects.
· In conjunction with EH&S this person will Evaluate new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects. Understands and proactively follows through on the Environmental Management Procedures that have been identified as relevant to position.
· Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
· The person should be qualified to an appropriate level in engineering and have a demonstrated track record in the design of equipment.
· Experience of AutoCAD/Solidworks, Pneumatics, Workshop Equipment, and Machine Building will be essential.
· The person should have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
· VHI Healthcare Cover
· Life Assurance
· Pension Contribution
· Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
· Annual GP Check-Up
· Extra Annual Leave
· Healthcare Screening
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in Europe and North America for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and has been recognized as a Great Place to Work since 2016.
For more information on this Mechanical Design Engineer job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +353 71 91 69 783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285