MDM Data Architect
Working at HID:
HID Global is an innovative fast-paced organisation, with many possibilities to make a difference and add value. HID is recognised for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
We value diversity and endorse an open-minded collaborative working environment.
An MDM Data Architect is sought for HID Global to work within the Enterprise Analytics team. This is a technical hands-on and strategic role with a strong focus on implementing leading best practices around data management for the new data warehouse platform.
Initial priority will be ensuring the new Global Analytics Platform has a strong governance foundation and best data management practices are followed paving the way for trusted and timely information for analytics.
In addition, this role will require collaboration with the Data Governance department with input into key Data Management Strategies across the enterprise which align to the group ASSA ABLOY vision.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the MDM solutions that turn data into knowledge and insights.
The successful MDM Data Architect will be responsible for managing critical data within HID and promoting best practice within the organization.
The MDM Data Architect will keep abreast of merging trends and functionality and be a highly accomplished communicator; able to communicate at all levels, with all stakeholders across multiple business areas and functions.
Knowledge and hands-on experience of the following technical stack will prove to be advantageous:
· Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service (EDMCS)
· Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ)
· Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management (OEMM)
· Identity Cloud Services (IDCS)
- Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC)
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Translate business requirements into technical solutions
· Design, build and deploy business MDM and analytics solutions
· Undertake rigorous testing to ensure quality and accuracy
· Maintain business MDM platforms
· Critically evaluate integration methods and architecture and collaborate with the central BI and Governance teams to design, document and develop the Analytics integration platforms
· Support and collaborate with the central analytics team, including BI & ETL Developers and the Data Governance team
· Input to and advocate Data Governance Best Practices & Policies
· Actively pursue data management efficiencies across the organization, with particular focus in the first instance to improving Acquisition integration of data
· Define and fine-tune processes for Master Data Management, Metadata Management and Reference Data Management
· Administration and configuration, including rules and workflow, for the Oracle Suite of Data Governance tools: EDMCS, EDQ, OEMM
· Configure source connections for EDMCS, along with rules and exporting to source where required and approved by workflow
· Create source connections and harvest metadata for lineage impact analysis and for data definition and capturing definitions for metadata using OEMM
· Configure data quality rules and triage/troubleshoot issues that arise on EDQ
· Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
· Troubleshooting and defect resolution
· Collaborate with teams for system integrations
· Drive delivery of application features to successful completion by coordinating resources and timetables of resources and other stakeholders
· Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews
· Prepare and distribute progress reports
· Adhere to all key departmental operating procedures around governance, project management, software lifecycle management, change management and application controls
· Guide in the design, development, testing and deployment of new business functionality and enhancements
· Provide guidance on how technology solutions could help solve business and technical problems, evolve existing business capabilities, and enable new business capabilities
· Ensure technical documentation is created and updated
· Provide implementation oversight, support, including testing of new features, interfaces, and other system changes
· Ensure adherence to internal service management, ITIL guidelines and internal SLAs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At least 8 years of proven experience working with MDM products
At least 5 years of experience working as an MDM developer
It would be beneficial to have exposure to Oracle Analytics and MDM technical stack including OAC, EDMCS, EDQ, OEMM, IDCS
Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
Experience in enterprise applications and technologies, in the following technologies preferably in order of priority: Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2, Oracle Databases, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Medallia
Solid understanding of Data Governance frameworks, tools and concepts
Experience in delivering following the Agile methodology
Ability to multi-task and work in a pressurized environment
Experience in building relationships with people at a variety of levels
Experience in applications integration to other third party applications
Ability to articulate to stakeholders the value of recommended approaches and solutions
Ability to translate between technical and business language and to explain concepts and complex topics in relatively simple terms
Excellent time management skills
Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
Outstanding analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Strong understanding of the ITIL framework
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, information systems or demonstrated equivalent education and relevant work experience
Minimum of 8 years of IT specific experience in the MDM space
At least 3 years of IT specific experience related to analysis, development, testing, or equivalent experience acquired by serving as a key business SME on IT initiatives
Minimum of 5 years of knowledge and experience working on enterprise applications
Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
Strong experience of analytic platforms and MDM tools
Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire, a valid passport.
Must be legally eligible to work in Ireland.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285