Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• To provide HID Global IT with technical support for the global network environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, upgrades etc.
• This person will be a contributing member of the Global IT Infrastructure team, and will report to the Network team lead in Austin, TX. The position will be based in Galway, Ireland
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• CCNP or CCIE is expected for this senior role
Education and/or Experience
• 10+ years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation, management and support
• Strong experience and troubleshooting with protocol like EIGRP, BGP and SSL and IPsec VPN technologies.
• Experience designing, implementing, and testing High Availability (HA) solutions
• Experience with Cisco UC, particularly with IOS based voice gateways, a plus.
• Strong experience securing and monitoring network devices
• Current experience with Network devices like Fortigate firewalls managed using FortiManager, Cisco (router, switches and wireless controllers, WAPs), load balancers (F5 LTM)
• Good to have an experience working with Cisco UCS, and cloud connections
• Proficient with tools to collect network statistic utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc.)
• Expert with implementing and supporting QoS.
• ISP management and escalation experience
• Advanced troubleshooting in a complex environment with various technologies, data center experience.
• Hands-on experience with high performance network and network optimization in highly-available, large-scale, multisite, international environments
• Be a part of on-call rotation once a month to support network infrastructure in weekend
• CCNP or equivalent recognized certification preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer’s expectations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
• May be exposed and/or work with chemicals as listed in our MSDS book. (delete if not applicable)
• Employee works primarily in a home office environment.
• The home office must be a well-defined work area, separate from normal domestic activity and complete with all essential technology including, but not limited to; separate phone, scanner, printer, computer, etc. as required in order to effectively perform their duties.
• Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
• Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285