We are currently recruiting a HV Commissioner (from junior up to senior level) on a full-time permanent basis.
Overall Role Objective
High Voltage Installation supervisor and Commissioner is responsible for supervision of HV installation specialist team and verification/testing of all aspects of High Voltage substations and cable systems.
- Completion of all safety requirements including compiling Risk Assessments and Method Statements and on site risk assessments.
- Coordinate, plan, and deliver HV installation and commissioning projects
- Supervision and guidance of HV specialist installation team.
- Completion of Primary tests on Instrument transformers, Power Transformers and HV switchgear.
- In-depth knowledge of testing of HV apparatus using Omicron test kits such as Omicron CPC100, Omicron CT analyser etc
- Functional verification of protection schemes.
- Commissioning and functional verification of DC Battery systems including battery discharge testing
- Testing of protection relays using Omicron test equipment and Test Universe Software.
- Configuration of IEDs across a range of vendors such as Siemens, Schneider and ABB.
- Operational switching of HV apparatus.
- Pre-commissioning of ESB Substations.
- Attendance at FATs for HV switchgear, transformers and protection cabinets.
- Early engagement with project team to optimise design and minimise installation defects.
- Assist bid team with technical aspects of tendering.
- Technical evaluation of HV apparatus at submittal stage.
- Technical report writing
- Guide and mentor junior staff in their technical development
Qualifications / Skills
- Time served electrician or Electrical Technicial/ Engineer
- Safe pass
- Full clean driving licence
- Familiarity with some or all aspects of HV substations from 10kV to 220kV
- Have in depth knowledge of HV and MV switchgear across multiple vendor platforms
- Computer literate – Microsoft packages etc
- Familiarity with ESBN “ Conditions governing connections to the Distribution System”
- Familiarity with ESBN Pre-commissioning standards
- Comfortable with Omicron Primary test equipment used for testing instrument transformers and power transformers
- Familiar with protection relay test techniques and Omicron Test Universe
- Experienced with relay configuration tools such as Siemens Digsi, ABB PCM, Schneider Agile,
- SAP with proven HV switching experience
- GWO trained
- HV cable testing including VLF testing
- SF6 gas handling and testing
Benefits: Competitive salary, 21 days annual leave; Employee Pension Option; Employee Assistance Programme; Medical Checks; Compassionate Leave; Bike-to-Work Scheme; Free Parking.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285