PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking applications for the role of a Junior Product Manager in our Global Head Office situated in Westport, Co.Mayo. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4,000 staff worldwide with sales in over 130 countries.
The successful candidate will join a growing Product Development Team that is responsible for designing and creating market leading workwear garments. As a Junior Product Manager at Portwest, you will be responsible for working with the development, engineering, fit and specifications for garments across various ranges, including workwear, rainwear and knitwear. Garments in many cases will comply with EN norms.
You will be trained in the skill of managing the life-cycle of a product range within the Portwest portfolio, working directly with the Senior Product Manager in the category.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate with a qualification in garment design & technology or a similar course, to join a rapidly expanding Irish Company based in the West of Ireland.
- Manage the development process of company product lines as assigned
- Manage the delivery and approval of samples to final sealed sample stage
- Work to tight deadlines to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Assist the senior team in the technical and construction elements of all products falling under their responsibilities
- Create full technical specifications for all products under their control
- Interact with the Product Executive, Product Managers, Designers, Marketing, Sales, and Quality
- Perform these and other duties as assigned
- Degree level qualification in apparel design, construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator and Excel
- Be able to lead a fitting session with supervision
- Be able to create full factory tech packs
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of fit and construction expertise, and knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Have great interpersonal skills, including the ability to work very well with cross functional teams
- Demonstrate clear and accurate verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills in MS Office software and Adobe Illustrator
Salary Competitive DOE + Pension + Healthcare + Other Great Benefits
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285