PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking applications for the role of a Senior Garment Technologist in our Global Head Office situated in Westport. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4,000 staff worldwide with sales in over 130 countries.
- Support the design and product development team through all stages of garment product development, from design to manufacture.
- Be involved in choosing and testing appropriate fabrics and trims for style development while working on the pattern to oversee the sizing, fitting and testing of the garments.
- Monitor and improve the quality of the product through fit and construction.
- Work closely with partner manufacturers to get best quality production.
- Respond promptly to product queries, including complaints, from internal and external parties.
- Analyse product quality issues and put solutions in place to solve technical problems.
- Proactively develop and implement new processes to improve garment development, production and fit where required.
- Make relevant commercial suggestions to reduce production cost.
- Recognise and adapt to new trends in garment production and design.
- Have superb organisational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be versatile, industrious and innovative.
- Multiple years of experience in garment construction.
- Experience in pattern making and cutting, creation and maintenance of block pattern system.
- Strong understanding of factory manufacturing.
- Experience in workwear an advantage.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Excel and ability to learn in-house software programmes quickly.
Salary: Competitive DOE + Pension + Healthcare + Other Great Benefits
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285