Location: Portlaoise. Co. Laois.
We are currently looking for Mechanical QA/QC Lead for our site in the Midlands Region (Portlaoise). You will be expected to deliver Quality Control and Quality Assurance requirements in line with the Company’s overall Standard Operation Policies for QA/QC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all mechanical inspections related to installations, testing, commissioning etc. for the involved project.
- Develop and implement Suir and subcontractors Inspection and Test Plans, Quality Plans and quality procedures.
- Represent the company as the Lead QA/QC interface with the Client on all aspects of QA/QC for the duration of the project.
- Conduct inspections of all ongoing activities for mechanical installations.
- Conduct inspections for all mechanical material deliveries.
- Attend all mechanical inspections with client/contractor representatives.
- Submit inspection requests in coordination with concerned site/project engineers.
- Prepare daily QA/QC report regarding inspections, material, non-conformances etc.
- Prepare weekly surveillance reports, non-conformance reports and verification of corrective actions.
- Check the drawings and documents used at site for approvals and compliance with project requirements.
- Ensure that all works are carried out as per the approved method statements and drawings.
- Ensure that all equipment used are calibrated and with valid certificates.
- Assist / coordinate the preparation of the final handing over documents such as QCQA documents, testing and commissioning reports etc.
- Prepare testing and commissioning method statements in coordination with vendors, general contractor representatives and project owner representatives.
- Ensure the EIDA software system is used as the primary tool for management of the QA/QC process on site.
- Represent the Company at regular site/off-site meetings.
- Ensure Supplier/Subcontractor equipment is manufactured in compliance with project requirements
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (both nationally and internationally) as required.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by Management, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Experience
- A relevant Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Trade qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Quality role.
- A QA/QC Qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- EIDA system/software experience strongly desirable but not essential.
- IT Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office and report preparation.
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing to clients and other stakeholders.
- Ability to delegate and manage team members efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines.
- Welding inspection course would be an advantage but not essential. Suir Engineering would forward the proposed person for the Welding Certification course.
CIF agreed pay rates, 21 days annual leave; Pensions and Health Insurance covered by Construction Workers Pension Scheme (CWPS); Employee Assistance Programme; Compassionate Leave; Bike-to-Work Scheme.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285