MV/HV Cable Jointing QA Advisor
MV/HV Cable Jointing Quality Advisor
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As the MV/HV Cable Jointing Quality Advisor you will be required to work across projects delivered by the Kirby Group business, providing oversight and giving direction in relation to MV/HV cable jointing and termination in private or public transmission and distribution systems. Responsibilities will include:
Duties & Responsibilities of the MV/HV Cable Jointing Quality Advisor
- Advise operations team on the best practice, safe and high-quality delivery of power cable installation, jointing and termination at voltages between 1 kV and 132 kV (and possibly higher voltages)
- Ensure that appropriate processes and procedures exist in the Kirby QMS Audit and report on the application of processes and procedures.
- Assess and report on supply chain (including subcontractors) quality standards
- Audit and reporting on Kirby Direct workmanship standards
- Assist in the preparation of Critical to Quality plans for specified cable works
Contribute to preparation and maintenance of quality plans from tender through construction and commissioning stages. Relating to the following activities:
- Cable pulling through underground pipes or conduits and join cables
- Cable laying by direct burial
- Preparation of cable joints and cable terminations to connect and install electrical equipment
- Testing and fault location, maintenance and repair
- Ensuring compliance with design parameters including but not limited to product specification, conductor spacing, depth of burial, trench arrangements, cable alignment, switchgear entry, etc
- Selection of components for cable installation, jointing and termination
Necessary Requirements of the MV/HV Cable Jointing Quality Advisor
- Ideally you will come from a craft Electrical background who has progressed through the ranks into a QA position.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position working within a Recognised organisation within the MV/HV arena
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
- An excellent influencer with the ability to partner with a dynamic professional team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the client.
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Technical knowledge and experience of Medium Voltage (MV) & High Voltage (HV) systems and associated equipment
- Previous Handover/Factory Acceptance Testing & Equipment Walkdown Experience
- Good knowledge of I&C installations
- Ability to carry out QA Audits and follow up reports on Projects
- Excellent Microsoft Office and communication skills
- Knowledge of various software platforms.
- Ability to understand & interpret Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
- Commissioning of MV and HV systems
For more information on this MV/HV Cable Jointing Quality Advisor/ MV/HV Cable Jointing QA Advisor position or other opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285