Supply Chain- Trainee Planner
Trainee Supply Chain Planner
Portwest Ireland – Westport, County Mayo
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking applications for the role of a Trainee Supply Chain Planner in our Global Head Office situated in Westport, Co.Mayo. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4,000 staff worldwide with sales in over 130 countries.
Portwest employees over 100 people in Ireland and another 350 across Europe, and is currently expanding internationally. This new appointment is based at the Global Head Office in Westport Co. Mayo.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Calculating product requirements across different warehouse to meet forecasted requirements.Placing
- Proposed orders with nominated Suppliers.
- Negotiating required deliverables with manufacturing partners.
- Ensuring planned orders are shipped on time and that suppliers are adhering to negotiated and agreed shipping dates and other deliverables.
- Updating M3 and Excel with relevant data regularly.
- Liaising with our manufacturing partners in different countries and continents by e mail and skype.
- Other duties may be assigned in accordance with departmental and business needs.
- Full proficiency in Excel.
- Strong communication skills – the planner will be liaising with our manufacturing partners in different countries and continents.
- Strong negotiation skills – will need to be confident in negotiating required deliverables with manufacturing partners, often within tight timeframes.
- Will need to ensure planned orders are shipping on time and that suppliers are adhering to negotiated and agreed shipping dates and other deliverables.
- Planning experience will be an advantage.
Salary Competitive DOE + Pension + Healthcare + Other Great Benefits
Share this entry
Tel: +353 1 5311 280
Fax: +353 1 5311 285