If you are keen to join a global leader and look for exciting new opportunities, as well as explore careers at MathWorks, don’t miss Jobs Expo Galway on 11 February. MathWorks will also sponsor of Jobs Expo Galway. To have such a prestigious company take part in, as well as sponsor, our first Galway event is very exciting.
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. As a result, engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development.
MATLAB®, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis and visualisation, as well as numeric computation.
Another key product, Simulink® is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multi-domain dynamic and embedded systems. In addition, the company produces nearly 100 additional products for specialised tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
Industries using MATLAB and Simulink include:
- Industrial automation
MathWorks products are especially relevant tools for research and development. Technical fields, such as financial services and computational biology also use MathWorks products for modelling and simulation.
In addition, more than 5000 colleges and universities around the world use MATLAB and Simulink for teaching and research in a broad range of technical disciplines.
This is just a small selection of MathWorks applications. Engineers and scientists have used MathWorks products to:
- Improve the safety and efficiency of spacecraft docking by developing adaptive neurocontrol technology
- Advance the mapping of the human genome by developing algorithms for DNA sequencing instruments
- Test the dynamic position of ships in heavy seas using scale models of those ships in the lab
- Verify the legality of money bills by scanning images of the bills and identifying the small fibers that they contain
- Enable temperate crops to be grown in dry coastal regions by designing a greenhouse that converts seawater into fresh water
Careers at MathWorks Galway
MathWorks are recruiting for their Shared Sales and Services Center in Galway. MathWorks cultivates an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment. Furthermore, MathWorks nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.