Galway-based Returnship Programme
Medical technologies and solutions company, Medtronic, has established a six-month paid, return-to-work programme. It’s target is women who have taken a break from their engineering careers and now wish to return. At the Research & Development Department in Medtronic Parkmore Galway, engineers are involved in developing cutting edge medical products to improve healthcare globally.
- Location: Parkmore, Galway
- Start date: September 2018
- Programme: 6-Month Returnship
Engineers will be hired on fixed term contracts, with the possibility of gaining full-time permanent contracts after six months. This professional engineering programme provides development, networking, and project opportunities for women.
Applicants will be able to refresh technical skills, participate in professional development and receive mentoring support. Positions are in the R&D team and will include a variety of engineering roles within new product development.
Who Medtronic is looking for:
- Dynamic team players and leaders who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
- Qualified to Degree level 8 in Engineering / Science or related discipline.
- Ideally are experienced with medical device design procedures and programs.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills are desirable.
- Excellent communicators and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Applicants must have been on a career break for a minimum of 2 years and have at least four years of previous professional work experience, excluding internships.
Medtronic plc, headquartered in Dublin, is among the world’s largest medical technology, services and solutions companies – alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world. Medtronic employs more than 84,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in approximately 160 countries. In Ireland, Medtronic has facilities in Dublin, Galway and Athlone. The company is focused on collaborating with stakeholders around the world to take healthcare.
How to apply
Medtronic will accept applications for this role until July 7th 2018. Submit CVs and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Careers 2.0 programme’ in the subject box.