Exhibiting At Jobs Expo Cork – The Public Appointments Service
We’re delighted to welcome The Public Appointments Service to this month’s Jobs Expo Cork.
The Public Appointments Service, formerly the Office of the Civil Service and Local Appointments Commissioners, is the centralised provider of recruitment, assessment and selection services for the Civil Service. We also provide recruitment and consultancy services to local authorities, the Health Service Executive, An Garda Síochána and other public bodies. The organisation has continued to evolve, moving from a paper-only application process to an internet-driven, online application procedure that is second to none, utilising innovative technology to centralise and streamline the recruitment process through our website www.publicjobs.ie.
The Public Appointments Service is recognised as the leading recruiter for public service jobs in Ireland. Our website www.publicjobs.ie is one of the main channels used for managing and delivering our business. Publicjobs.ie is the main access route for candidates interested in joining the public service. Our aim with this website is to provide a comprehensive on-line recruitment facility, which is easy to use and effective for both clients and candidates.
We will source the highest quality candidates for positions in the civil service and public service and we will facilitate the movement of public servants within, and between, sectors in accordance with the needs of clients, thus ensuring a more efficient and appropriate resourcing of essential services.
The main services provided by the Public Appointments Service include:
- Recruiting for positions in the Civil Service.
- Recruiting for some senior positions in the Local Authorities, Health Service Executive, Harbour Authorities, Fisheries Boards and Vocational Education Committees.
- Selecting candidates for promotion within the Civil Service through inter-departmental selection tests and interviews.
- Assisting other public service organisations, such as the Nursing Careers Centre, with open recruitment.
- Assisting the Top Level Appointments Committee in making senior appointments within the Civil Service, for example, by conducting preliminary interviews.
- Providing recruitment, consultancy and training to client organisations and public bodies.
Our Commitments to You
- This Office is committed to the highest standards of customer service.
- It is our goal to deal with our customers professionally, fairly, impartially and with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- Our Customer Charter has been developed in consultation with a broad range of customers. View the Customer Charter
This month’s Jobs Expo Cork is taking place at Silver Springs Moran Hotel, Cork on Thursday June 25th.