We look forward to having PPD exhibit, as well as recruit, next month at Jobs Expo Cork. Meet their team at the Galway Racecourse on Saturday 16th February.
About PPD Labs
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and life-cycle management services. Clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 48 countries and more than 20,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development and optimize value in delivering life-changing therapies to improve health.
The GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Their highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
Athlone is one of PPD’s fastest-growing laboratory locations.
Here is some more information on the work carried out in the different groups within the Athlone site:
• Support Biopharmaceutical companies to develop life changing therapies from early development to commercial stage
• Method Development, method validation, method transfer, Release and Stability Studies.
• Analytical techniques – HPLC (SEC, Ion exchange, Peptide Map, Glycan, RP), Capillary Electrophoresis (CE-SDS, ICE), ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Spectroscopy and
Sitting within the Biopharma group the Cell Lab is involved in:
• Mammalian cell culture of adherent and suspension cells
• Bioassays including anti-proliferation assays, antibody dependant cellular cytotoxicity assays, reporter gene assays to support Biopharm Studies
• Environmental monitoring
• Provides full analytical testing support of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), raw materials, in-process testing and finished products for all dosage forms for all phases of drug development
• Method Development, validation and transfer, QC and Stability sample analysis, Compendial testing, physical testing, extractable and leachable analysis, oligonucleotide analysis
• Wide variety of techniques: HPLC, UPLC, GC, Dissolution, UV Spectroscopy, Water Content, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP-MS, Foreign Particulates Analysis and Particle Size Evaluation
• Work with novel Inhaler Technologies
• Support Drug Development to improve the quality of life for Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) patients
• Develop a wide range of technical skills, HPLC Analysis, Water Content Testing, Aerodynamic Particle Size Assessment and Content Assay
• Calibration and maintenance of a wide ranging scope of equipment and systems
• Qualification of new and existing technologies
• Troubleshooting and fixing a diverse range of analytical equipment and facility related issues
• PPD’s purpose is to improve health, and to help customers deliver Life Changing Therapies. As an organization, they are absolutely committed to attaining the highest level of quality in all that they do.
• Maintain an effective Quality Management System, encompassing components such as quality manuals and supporting procedural documents that tie directly to the regulatory requirements of each operating unit.
• Comply with all external quality and regulatory requirements, company operating procedures and practices, and internal quality standards
PPD currently have opportunities across all divisions. Register today for your FREE ticket to Jobs Expo and meet their team in person.